market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pollination and Fruit

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Joe Kames" <farfish AT francomm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pollination and Fruit
  • Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 10:23:51 -0400

Allan,

Bees help, but it seems to me they can be distracted by the fields of clover
and monarda we have here. We rented before we started our own hives, that
might be a good way to start. We grow mostly tomatoes which do not require
insect pollination. I forwarded this question to some friends in our
Catskill Mountain Beekeepers Assoc. and will send any feedback I get.

Joe