market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Nut Grass - any herbicide suggestions and techniques?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "DEE'S PERSONAL" <STELLA AT EC.RR.COM>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Nut Grass - any herbicide suggestions and techniques?
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:04:13 -0400

Lowe's carries a product called "Image" for nutgrasses.  It can be sprayed over some plants.  It may not be good on vegetable gardens.  Read the label carefully.  I have the same problem in the vegetable garden.  I have decided that getting rid of the nutgrass is a must because gardening under these conditions isn't worth the effort.  So I will wait the appropriate time before planting again.  I figure that if I can get rid of the nutgrass then I can take care of the rest with other products and good old fashion chopping.
Dee