market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Middle Eastern Gherkens (aka Burr Cucumbers)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Middle Eastern Gherkens (aka Burr Cucumbers)
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 05:19:16 -0400

One of my Kurdish
customers has told me that he can have one of his friends bring me some seed
directly from Kurdistan (northern Iraq).

Marlin - Do you have any idea of what the ambient temperature is in the area these cucumbers area these cucumbers are native to? I suspect it may be warmer than the Shenandoah Valley and that you will have to grow them in field houses...or something. -Allan