market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Slow Foods

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Slow Foods
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 07:58:42 -0400

I really hadn't taken the time to visit their website
before, but I was pleased with what sounded like a
nice laid-back simplifying organization. That was
until I got to the page with the dues. As a person
who tries to live simply, $60 a year puts their
organization out of reach of my wallet.

Kevin

IT's one of the things about the Slow Food movement that is hard to reconcile.
I do it by knowing they motivating those who do have bucks in their pockets to be more aware of what is happening ot our food. This, in turn, is building markets for we who grow.

I think there must be grower rates somewhere, also, since they ARE very interested in preserving the food supply.

-Allan