market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: organic squash bug control

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Old Timin'" <oldtimin AT williams-net.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: organic squash bug control
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:25:37 -0400

What I do for squash bug controls is companion planting. Plant about 4-5
radish seeds around each plant/hill and just let them grow. This takes care
of vine borers and cucumber beetles also. The only year I have had a real
problem with any of these was the year my daughters weeded the plants( and
pulled all the radishes,lol). Just let the radishes grow.
Oldtimin