market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Increasing flower prices and sales

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Increasing flower prices and sales
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 09:47:48 -0400

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:36:24 -0400, you wrote:

>I am concerned as I will soon be selling smaller bouquets of zinnias,
>lisianthus, etc, and I don't want to price them lower than what they are
>worth. But neither do I want to compost my beautiful flowers.
>
>One obvious solution is to make the sunflower bouquets smaller and lower the
>price--
>what has anyone else done in this situation?

What a shame. I have no experience (yet) selling flowers,
so I shouldn't answer, I suppose.

But I've read of people selling individual stems of flowers.
Would this be a possibility for you? Maybe in addition to
your bouquets? That way, people would have a choice.

But, flowers are an optional item and times are not good,
lots and lots of people are unemployed. So maybe nothing
would help all that much.

Cheers,
Pat
--