market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Cold/Cool Storage of Veggies

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Lori Sands" <tchfrch AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Cold/Cool Storage of Veggies
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2004 10:05:26 -0400

Ever thought of using a root cellar to keep your veggies fresh for market?
I'm thinking of building one. Anybody doing this?

I knew a grower who held veggies in her basement/root cellar. She covered them with damp sheets and positioned a fan to blow across them.

Lori

  • RE: [Market-farming] Cold/Cool Storage of Veggies, Lori Sands, 07/05/2004