market-farming - [Market-farming] FW: Cellophane bags, question re cardboard, and thanks re printer info.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Karen Sutherland" <ksutherland AT hampshire.edu>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] FW: Cellophane bags, question re cardboard, and thanks re printer info.
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:31:17 -0400

Greetings all,

I thought you might be interested in the following information I got from pak-sel re health/plasticizer issues with their bags.

Also, I am wondering if anyone knows any negatives re using cardboard as a barrier/mulch in an organic operation.

My overdue thanks to the kind folks who shared the information about 4 (?) months ago about their printers.  Following their advice I bought an Epson Stylus C-84 and just love it (and the price -- $79 at Staples after rebate).  Best of all, we had a rainy market day Saturday and while the ink on the old tags ran as usual, the new ones printed on the Epson stayed beautiful.

All best wishes,

Karen

Roots Farm

Organic Produce