market-farming - [Market-farming] Tomatillos

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: IdleThymeFarm AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tomatillos
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:33:52 EDT

This is my first year with tomatillos. I am growing Toma Verde. I potted a few of them up to 15 gal pots early on. They are huge and gorgeous and covered with flowers. Here is the question. The flowers are a beautiful yellow but seem to turn brown in the middle and then fall off. Is this normal for a tomatillo? They have been doing this for a week or so but I have seen no sign of fruit development yet. Any insight? The bulk of them are in the high tunnel and only now beginning to flower. Thanks!

Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm

http://www.idlethymefarms.com/

A place where time stands still, where back to nature is simply a way of life!

  • [Market-farming] Tomatillos, IdleThymeFarm, 06/30/2004