market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re:Picking Veggies

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re:Picking Veggies
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 18:22:53 EDT

In a message dated 6/29/2004 2:11:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time, TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com writes:
It's hard to believe there's
nothing that will straddle a row and let you pick as you go.  Guess I'll
have to make one.  How hard can it be?
Not all that hard, I guess.  We have a thing that attaches with a 3-point hitch to an old little Kubota with a creeper gear.  My husband has rigged pieces of PVC to fit over the knobs for the hydraulic and accelerator so he can even "drive" from in back.  The "pickin cart" has swiveling boat seats so you can face or lean sideways and two people can pick 3 rows on it.  If anybody wants, I can attach a pic to email of this truly Rube Goldberg contraption.  We've been using it for years and it does make picking - and some planting - easier.  As for bush beans, I'm short and even tho I've a pretty bad back, I still love picking beans - just me and my little tractor seat.
Gosh, this getting old is the pits, isn't it?
Wendy