market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: DIY Bed-shaper and plastic layer

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Beth Spaugh <eas9 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: DIY Bed-shaper and plastic layer
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:21:55 -0400

Marlin - as the new owner of a Farmall Cub, I would love to see ideas of tools and attachments folks have made. Yes, please do write it up and submit to Growing for Market.

At 07:41 PM 6/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:

> Someone asked
> about a Do It Yourself Bed-shaper/mulch layer. Marlin Burkholder
> has a simple and ingenious one I saw him demonstrate a few weeks
> ago. Marlin are you reading this??

Yes, Pam I am reading this, on June 11. So now you know how far behind I
am! My plastic layer is a homemade rig I made up which hangs off the
cultivator mounts on a Farmall Cub. I use this in combination with a
toolbar I had made earlier for laying off potato rows and hilling. It works
amazingly well for a jury rigged outfit and with a few other modifications,
could work even better. Since I am a detail freak when it comes to writing
up descriptions of things, I will save this job till some time next winter
when I hopefully will have more time for such things. Maybe I should do a
writeup plus pictures and submit it to "Gardening For Market" magazine. No
way will I ever get to it now!

Marlin Burkholder
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia