market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Stopping splash up on Lettuce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Stopping splash up on Lettuce
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:41:43 -0400

No stone unturned:

What is your source for towels? Have you found an economical one?

Are you using hoops with your rowcover? (9guage wire here up to $14.99 a roll from $8.99 1 year ago!)

To be honest with you, I HAVE had plants die under row cover. I had a beautiful stand of raab drop down as though STEAMED after drip watering under row cover on a hot day a few years back. I've been leary ever since. (I better ask you brand/weight that you have found effective. In Ohio, you are pretty much in the same humidity/heat situation we in WV are in, aren't you?

Thanks

-Allan