market-farming - [Market-farming] Filtering Surface Water for drip tape

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Filtering Surface Water for drip tape
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 08:57:47 -0400

We are pumping our irrigation out of a stream this year. We are using drip tape.

It's very apparent that our screen filter is inadequate for this job. We have to clean it every 20 minutes.

Since I hear that the $300+ disk filters have to be cleaned every hour, we have to think about going to sand filters which, of course, we cannot afford.

I'm wondering if anyone on the list has worked out an effective filter for sometimes visilblyclean but sometimes silty water or knows of a source for relatively inexpensive but effective filter systems.

Thanks for bearing with us,

-Allan