market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Enlightened Radio

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk AT allspecies.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Enlightened Radio
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:46:49 -0500

Market Farming happens in a context. If large corporations influence the
rules under which market farmers do business that can effect what you can
grow. Or if the price of fence posts more than doubles in a month it might
effect how many tomatoes you can grow. The corporate decisions to shut down
our steel production has an effect on anything steel that you buy. How much
of our attention we spend making the world safe for corporations to do
business and whether we create more terrorists in the process has an effect
on gas prices, education of future farm workers, how we will spend our older
years and so many other things that effect market farming and just plane
simple living that it seems on topic to me.

I don¹t think I know who my philosophical bedfellows are but if I recognize
any of them I¹ll say hi for you.

With respect and I hope humor.

Namaste, in submission, hugs, shalom, hafaday and sawadee kop,

Marty Kraft