market-farming - [Market-farming] Price of Gasoline

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Price of Gasoline
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 19:31:47 -0400

Friends -

I can't help but imagine that many on this list are having their budgets upset by the price of gasoline as we are. What is it now? a 35% price increase since February? In the 10mpg on a perfect day F250, we really feel the difference.

This, of course, won't provide immediate relief, but I wanted to ask if anyone has ever seen a breakout of the cost of a gallon of gasoline. I'm most interested in knowing where the 'extra' money goes. I'm most interested in knowing if the high prices are really 'created' by OPEC or if there are American oil companies involved.

Has anyone seen such a breakdown or work out?

Thanks

_Allan Balliett