market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Turkey peepers everywhere

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jackie Fisher" <splltrss AT scrtc.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Turkey peepers everywhere
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 01:23:27 -0500

> In a message dated Thu, 20 May 2004 20:24:47 EDT,
> Windsoap AT aol.com writes:
> You use turkeys to eat bugs? We use guineas and chickens and this year the
> danged-blatted chickens have been eating my green beans!!!! It's all due
to > two roosters and chicken politics, but... How do the turkeys do?
Will they > eat crops?
> Wendy

Depends on the crops *VBG* Actually our chickens last year caused much, much
more damage to my garden than the turkeys did. However, last year we only
had 6 turkey babies - this year so far we have 11 times that many so I'll
let you know later on in the year LOL. Seriously, I plan to use portable
electric fencing to keep my crops safe this year, will fence the crops in to
keep the poultry out. I did notice last year that the turkeys don't scratch
the ground up like the chickens did, it was the chooks and not the turkeys
that caused so many problems in my gardens. And some of the crops will be
for them like spinach and other good stuff, so if they do get to those
before I do, well then they will have fed themselves ;}

Many Blessings to your flocks!

Jackie Fisher
A Different Drummer Farm
South Central Kentucky
270-432-0970

"Be good to the land and it will be good to you"

  • [Market-farming] Re: Turkey peepers everywhere, Jackie Fisher, 05/21/2004