market-farming - [Market-farming] Wood Ashes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "maureen bostock" <maureenbostock AT hotmail.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Wood Ashes
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:18:13 -0700

I use wood ash from my woodstove and spread it in the spring just before tilling. The only thing to be careful of is to not use coloured, gloss papers in starting fires as they contain heavy metal contaminants and you do not want to put that on your garden. Maureen

  • [Market-farming] Wood Ashes, maureen bostock, 05/19/2004