market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Wood ashes as Potassuim

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Windsoap AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Wood ashes as Potassuim
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 09:55:10 EDT

In a message dated 5/19/2004 2:47:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time, organic_ag AT hotmail.com writes:
Has anyone tried wood ashes as a source or organic potassium?
My grandfather saved his wood ashes from the fireplace all winter and applied them to his garden, with extra helpings on his pole beans.  He always had a fabulous garden and explained to me that the wood ashes were the "secret" to his success.  Unfortunately, we don't have a fireplace here..
Wendy