market-farming - [Market-farming] Earthworm Regeneration

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Juliet Henry <justjuj AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Earthworm Regeneration
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 10:39:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Something that I learnt in Biology at school many years ago: chopping up of earthworms may not be as bad as it seems.  I believe that earthworms are able to reproduce asexually from fragments and that this is called Regeneration.  So tilling should not destroy your earthworms, but rather increase the number - not that I'm advocating going out and chopping all your earthworms up :-) !

Regards,
Juliet