market-farming - [Market-farming] Tomato spacing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roger Weeks <rjweeks70 AT comcast.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tomato spacing
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 16:55:17 -0700

I think we've talked about this before, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

What is the closest you've spaced tomatoes apart from each other without problems? The conventional wisdom seems to be 18-24". But that doesn't really take into account tomato types. For example, would you space big beefsteak types farther apart than cherry tomatoes, or vice versa?

Roger Weeks