market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] killing carpenter bees & overmedicating

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "SisterSoap" <sisoap AT gwtc.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] killing carpenter bees & overmedicating
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 06:47:59 -0600

> Anyway, 2 experiences that have made me grit my teeth & determine to make
> go at farming somehow/somewhere (I HATE retail):<

Good for you Liz!

I work seasonally in a greenhouse.. I've learned to grit my teeth and bite
my tongue. The ones that make me bite the hardest are the (human)
transplants. They want to grow what they grew back home...they hate this
place..they hate our native trees, shrubs and grasses..we don't have enough
flowers for them. It's too hot, it's too cold..it's too windy. They are
grouse at me because they buy tomato plants and I tell them not to put them
out yet, and yet they do.. we always get a hard frost the end of May and
they're back in the next morning ...angry with me because they've lost their
tomatoes..

Okay, I feel better now <G>..thanks for letting me vent..and thank you Liz
for the education you spread around!

Rosie..Black Hills..South Dakota