market-farming - [Market-farming] Germinating lettuce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Adriana" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Germinating lettuce
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 05:24:53 -0500

Marie once it gets into the 80's you will have trouble germinating lettuce.
Just getting them into space that is below 80 and you will be fien. When I
lived in Florida I would germinate my flats under air conditioning, them
move them outside tt the first sign of germination. Any delay in getting
the flats into good light once they germination will result in leggy
plants..trouble.
> OK, it's just that I've had them sowed in the flats for several days now
> and they're not up. I didn't cover them and they're in the hoop house.
> It is SOOOOO hot here! I thought maybe it was too warm.

Adriana