market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Herbs and poor soil ??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Andrews, Shirley F." <SAndrews AT AcademicBookServices.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Herbs and poor soil ??
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:01:29 -0400

I don't do any farming just a small backyard garden but I do have plenty
of herbs. I just dig a hole and plant them throughout my back yard. It
is amazing how well they grow with no care at all, in fact, they tend to
take over. I am part of the local chapter of the American Herbal Guild
and I do know several members who do grow herbs in good soil for sale
mainly for medicinal purposes. Native herbs are known to be more potent
when used for medicinal purposes and the preferred choice of herbalists.