market-farming - [Market-farming] Buying locally ~

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Buying locally ~
  • Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:08:11 -0400

Hi Dawn,
I WISH i could buy locally from the smaller vendor - a thing i practiced
religiously in our lives back in California. Unfortunately, our local
market is so high-priced and the produce and goods so elderly and
limited, that my family would physically suffer if we did that here in
rural Kentucky. Before, i avoided Walmarts, Sams, and such like a minor
plague. Here, i must revel in the selection and prices at such places.
Thank heavens for our own gardens, however limited the season is back
here! People around here have diets that are abyssmal!! We live in
great health - only because of all the work put into growing our own!
I would definitely agree with your principles - and only wish we could
walk the talk more here in eastern kentucky - land of far less consumer
choices :-0
Toni

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!