market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: tomato training

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carol Larsen" <sunborn AT mhtc.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: tomato training
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:55:49 -0500

Whoa on the sunflower/tomato idea.
I was just at a meeting of some growers. One of the group mentioned that she
had planted sunflowers followed by tomatoes and, darn, you could tell in the
row of tomatoes exactly where the sunflowers had been. The tomatoes were
smaller and generally much unhealthier there. This observation was backed up
by another grower who agreed that sunflowers have an allopathic result on
tomato plants. I do not know if they cause problems with other plants as it
was news to me.
Carol Larsen
Sunborn Gardens
608 437 3966