market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Re: tomato training

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Re: tomato training
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:27:08 -0500

Thanks for the heads up on the tomato/sunflower thing! I will scratch
that idea!

Marie in Missouri

Whoa on the sunflower/tomato idea.
I was just at a meeting of some growers. One of the group mentioned that
she
had planted sunflowers followed by tomatoes and, darn, you could tell in
the
row of tomatoes exactly where the sunflowers had been. The tomatoes were
smaller and generally much unhealthier there. This observation was
backed up
by another grower who agreed that sunflowers have an allopathic result
on
tomato plants. I do not know if they cause problems with other plants as
it
was news to me.
Carol Larsen
Sunborn Gardens