market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Cell Phone

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Cell Phone
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 01:39:15 -0600

I've found the best solution (as a small farmer/grower) is to get a tracphone
for $70 at Sams Club -
http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_shopping.jsp?n=0&oidPath=0%3a-23542%3a-23589%3a-24297%3a762477&coe=0&BV_SessionID=_SC_0466364392.1082445794_CS_&BV_EngineID=ccccadclemfigikcfkfcfkjdgoodflg.0

No contracts, monthly fees, or activation fees,or credit checks! They even
have a handy voicemail feature. You can also get time in various increments
from 40 mins to 200 mins, and the phone itself is good for a year (in case
you really don't use it). I find it handy to have, altho I don't use it
often. Then again, I'm a small operation so I'm sure it can grow with me.
This also isolates my phone expenses in the business without a lot of added
expense (not rich!!). Even the $30/month would be an added expense for which
there really is no justification yet. You can even add extra minutes via the
computer!
I live in a mountainous area, and there are times when I can't get through.
That's when I just go to a high spot and it's OK. I do a lot of traveling and
find the features handy. I have a number from the large city near me-the one
I often go to for supplies/etc. It's really worked out well for me.

Barb