market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: Heirloom Tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: IdleThymeFarm AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: Heirloom Tomatoes
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 19:57:49 EDT

This year I am trialing a few plants of each of the following heirloom tomaotes in my high tunnel. All are up and growing well on the germination mats.
Sara Black, Black from Tula, Golden Pineapple, Thai Pink Egg, Ceylon, Gilbertie, Brown Cherry, Yellow Perfection, Mountain Princess, Cosmonaut Volkov, Roman Candle, Old German, and Red Zebra.
For production, I am relying on Bush Early Girl (it has a new name but I cannot remember it) from Johnny's. Even if only half of these heirlooms pan out, it will add interest to the CSA shares and market table.

Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm

www.IdleThymeFarms.com

A place where time stands still, where back to nature is simply a way of life!