market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] epazote

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost AT gilanet.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] epazote
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 00:47:09 -0600

ahhhhh...epazote...great stuff IF you know what to do with it...cuts down on
gas in beans naturally if you add a spoonful 15 minutes before it's done...it
does have a funny kinda benzene like smell (but that smell does not carry in
the cooking)..
speaking of beans (and gas), I'm very pleased with how the anasazi beans
turned out last year. I intend to plant a lot more this year. They've become
my favorite bean..higher in protein,lower in gas,easier to grow in arid
climates..now there's a winner-and an heirloom to boot!

Barb