market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Food enough for all.....

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Lucy Goodman <goodows AT infinet.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Food enough for all.....
  • Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 05:58:11 -0500

I have looked into this a few years ago. In Ohio it is up to the vendors, not the market, to apply for foodstamps/WIC. Contact your state's foodstamp program and ask for an application to accept foodstamps/WIC vouchers. I know you will need a dedicated bank account to do this and you may now need a cell phone and card reader as many states now have debit card system instead of paper food stamps. Start your search by calling up your county health and human services office (i.e. the welfare office) and ask who you need to contact about TAKING foodstamps (and be very very clear that you want to accept them and not be a recipient or you will end up in a place you do not want to be in)

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
http://www.boulderbelt.com