market-farming - [Market-farming] RE: Recipes on CD

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mtlivestock" <crublee AT libby.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] RE: Recipes on CD
  • Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:57:39 -0700

I wrote a cookbook on CD to solve cooking problems of my customers! I put
recipes from my cookbook in many of our packages and in our newsletter. It
increases sales and is a great "quick reference" when that new customer
asks, "How do I cook this?"

The recipes in the book are written by a self-proclaimed "Come-back Cook":
Getting back in the kitchen where I belong!". Finding a place for
old-fashioned recipes in today's cuisine! Recipes are family favorites with
an emphasis on flavor and ease for the cook.

BTW: I use an electric cookstove. NOTHING else electrical is allowed in my
kitchen! I can't stand the noise and lack of durability! I make everything
from scratch, even my bread! I find most Americans don't realize it takes
more time to set up, use, and clean a food processor than using your own
muscle and utensils! I use a potato masher for a mixer; knives for
cutting/chopping/slicing; and huge arm muscles for mixing/kneading dough.
And my fingers can tell just when the dough is right better than any noisy
machine!

Christina

"I've got my hands more than full at the moment (income
taxes, a small paying job that's time critical, spring
gardening).

But if someone wants to remind me later in the season, say,
July or August, I could buy the book and do it if I think
there's enough interest. Or someone who owns the book could
send it to me and I'd copy it to CD, and send the book back.

I'd do it if 5 or 6 people said they'd pay $10 each for the
CD, or if 10 or 12 people said they'd pay $5 each.

I would like to volunteer to do it for free, but I really
cannot: my time has to bring in money or save money
(growing veggies, cooking, etc.) because we really need the
income.

Maybe someone else would volunteer to do it for free?"

  • [Market-farming] RE: Recipes on CD, mtlivestock, 03/29/2004