market-farming - [Market-farming] re: Growing Sesame

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] re: Growing Sesame
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:32:22 -0500

Our first year in Kentucky - after a lifetime of growing in Central
California brought many surprises in change of climate and varieties that
have more chance of success in this zone 6a. Oh! how spoiled i was in
that old life's gardening!

In the second year here, i successfully grew out an experimental patch of
Black Garbanzo. This year, i am germinating both Black Sesame Seed and
the traditional beige one. If one buys there "spices" and condiments
from folk who sell fresh seed - you shouldn't have to pay for
horticultural seed!! You might try Penzey's Spices mail order. Sesame
seed is an inexpensive thing to buy there - and they do such a volume of
biz that their stock probably wasn't warehoused for a long time.

Right now, i am germinating a delicious hot pepper from Turkey called
Allepo Pepper - from seed saved from the Penzy product! I couldn't find
those seed for sale anywhere else!
Toni Eddleman
Clifty Gardens
Red River Gorge, KY

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

  • [Market-farming] re: Growing Sesame, tonitime, 03/28/2004