market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Thyme

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Thyme
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 12:31:50 -0500

Hi Marie!
    I have alot of Thyme sowed and germinated this year.......in soiless starting mix and over heat mats.  Altho we use many kinds in cooking, the regular version is known as Common Thyme ( culinary).  I bought a good sized packet from Fedco Seed Co-op.  I love that company's offerings and prices!  I believe they still sell seed thru around April 3rd - you might like to download their catalogue on the net to save "Thyme"!
    We also enjoy cooking and the scent of Lemon Thyme and Lime Thyme.  The plants will endure and come back for several years in our zone 6a climate.
Toni
Clifty Gardens
Red River Gorge(ous), Kentucky