market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] labels for produce boxes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] labels for produce boxes
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 17:25:33 -0500

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:41:44 -0600, you wrote:

>On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 02:14:37PM -0600, Ploughshare wrote:
>> Where is a good place to get labels for our produce boxes with our farm
>> name (potentially our logo) as well displaying that we are certified
>> organic under MOSA?
>> --Gary
>http://hydeparklabel.com
>
>danh AT hydeparklabel.com
>
>To get the unit cost down to a reasonable value, I imagine you need to
>get at least 10,000.

If you only need a couple of hundred at a time, you could
buy Avery labels (or cheaper generic-brand labels) and print
them on a laser or inkjet printer.

You can insert graphics into a Word or Word-Perfect file, so
you could include a logo. These labels come in various
sizes, and are self-adhesive. Any office supply store or
online catalog carries them. Viking is an online catalog
with generally reasonable prices.

http://www.vikingofficeproducts.com

If you'd settle for not displaying a logo, you could order
'address labels' from Miles Kimball or any number of other
suppliers. They don't care what they print on them:
they'll print anything you like so long as it fits the
character and line limitations. They're also self-adhesive.

At Miles Kimball, 'jumbo' address labels come in white,
yellow, blue or green and will hold 5 lines of printing with
35 characters per line - $4.99 for 250 labels.

See: http://tinyurl.com/3g4pu

I think green would be nice for a farm's label.

A local printshop (printer) might also be a good
alternative.

Pat