market-farming - [Market-farming] Farmers' Mkt.Vending Rules

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Old Timin'" <oldtimin AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Farmers' Mkt.Vending Rules
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 17:18:32 -0500

Roger said: "It's worth noting here that at least in California, farmer's
markets are certified by the state, and each grower who sells at markets
much have a "producer's certificate" from your local county ag department
stating what/where/how much you grow of each item."

I certainly would not want to see this happen. Look at what happened to
"organic" when the government decided to "regulate" it. The government would
regulate farmers markets right out of sightof small farmers. If someone has
a doubt about whether a farmer is producing a certain item it would not be
hard to check it out, either with the head of the market or another vendor,
but we definatly don't want the government "helping", we are much better of
regulating ourselves.God Bless,
Kevin Miller (NW Ohio, Zone 5)
Turnin' Back Time Farm ( www.geocities.com/tbt_farm )