market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: new farm website/ Sean

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: new farm website/ Sean
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:03:54 -0500

Beautiful farm and great site, Sean! Thanks for sharing.
I am curious as to your Imperial Star Annual Artichokes. I so miss
growing and having them since we moved from Central CA to our Ky farm! I
have two little plants that come to nothing since moving here - Green
Globe that had two chokes the first year from seed. I would love to find
that we can grow and even market such here in the east! Our plants in CA
would grow 5 ft around and almost as tall. It's not yet known if these
will come back from their first winter left outside and heavily
mulched........it was all an experiment. Annual artichokes never occured
to me. Please advise ;-)
Thanks for advice and sharing your site and photos here - beeeautiful
family you have growing there also!
Toni Eddleman
Clifty Gardens ( upcoming)
Red River Gorge, KY