market-farming - [Market-farming] Greenhouse benching

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: OakCamp2 AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Greenhouse benching
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:52:19 EST

Hi Everyone,

I would like to maximize our use of the greenhouse by installing benches (right now we have pallets laid on the floor).  Can anyone give me the benefit of their experience?  I have read about everything from home built versions, purchased bench tops with home built bases(usually cinder blocks), stationary benches, and rolling benches.  What is your experience with any of these?   Which seems the most economical, either by space utilization or price?  I really value all the opinions and advice I read on this list.

Thanks for your input!
Barb Birkinbine
Oak Camp Herb Farm, LLC
Lodi, Wi