market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: What tractor

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marcie Rosenzweig <fullcircle AT jps.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: What tractor
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 06:12:44 -0800

Hi Folks,

When we upped our acreage, we bought a used Yanmar - 26hp motive and 23 pto - with a granny gear. Yanmar has been making John Deere's under 40 hp tractors since the mid 70s. We pushed the front wheels our with specially made spacers so they would run inside the rear wheel tracks. We then bought a 39" spader to just fit between the rear wheels so we can have semi-permanent beds.

We remove the spacers for general mowing with a 6' brush hog.
--
Marcie A. Rosenzweig
Full Circle

  • [Market-farming] Re: What tractor, Marcie Rosenzweig, 02/18/2004