market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Hours of light

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Hours of light
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:04:56 -0600

Wow! 24 hours of light a day, doesn't that seem excessive - I always thought
they needed that period of dark. I wonder what he accomplishes with that
intense amount of light. I left mine on through the night during a very
cold period thinking it would help to keep the temperature up in our
basement growing area - the basement itself can get down around 45 when the
temperatures are single digit outside. But I worried about screwing up
their little systems with too much light.

Just proves there's no single way to do this growing stuff!!

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas