market-farming - [Market-farming] Mesclun Mix and Field Green Production Systems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jeff Cantara <jeffcantara AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Mesclun Mix and Field Green Production Systems
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:09:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks,

Last year we really dropped the ball with our field greens and mesclun.  It was our first year managing a 60 family CSA and attending several markets.  Everything else was very successful, but we would really like to amp up our greens production for this season.

I'm sure many of you have established great systems for insuring ample production and ease of harvest.  We do have a commercial spinner (restaurant auction!) and I am really going to be focusing on stale seed beds this season.  Would anyone be willing to share other planning, planting and harvest secrets?  We are a two-person operation on 4 acres in New Hampshire.

Thanks much!

Jeff
New Roots Farm
Stratham, NH

Do you Yahoo!?

  • [Market-farming] Mesclun Mix and Field Green Production Systems, Jeff Cantara, 02/12/2004