market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] micro-greens

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: IdleThymeFarm AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] micro-greens
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:45:19 EST

I have the meaty mix which consists of Buckwheat, Sunflower and Green Pea grown together (soaked overnight first) and the spicy mic which usually consists of arugula, onion or leek, red cabbage, broccoli, cress, radish, alfalfa, and I think that is it. I grow in a sphagnum peat/vermiculite mix. I hand broadcast thickly on the flats and water with a mister several times a day. Pretty simple actually. Let me know if I can help further, I am no expert, but this is all pretty easy to do.

Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm and CSA

www.IdleThymeFarms.com

If you would have a lovely garden, you should live a lovely life! ~ Shaker saying