market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Winter sowing red clover

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Chris O'Byrne" <cobyrne AT myclearwave.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Winter sowing red clover
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:29:05 -0600

Liz,

I wasn't aware that red clover and horses didn't mix. (Not because of my great fount of wisdom, but rather severe lack of.) Does it increase the chance for colic? Are there other legumes that are detrimental to horses?

Also, has anyone done any looking into how cattle do on native tallgrass prairie grasses?

Chris O'Byrne

--
Prairie Song Eco-Farm
Zone 4