market-farming - [Market-farming] bulk compost, peat, etc.

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Matt Cheselka <cheselka AT mksit.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] bulk compost, peat, etc.
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 16:07:47 -0700 (MST)

Another question I have is about getting compost, peat, and other goodies
for the soil in bulk rather than paying $3.89 for 3 cubic feet for compost
at Home Depot. I did a quick web search but didn't come up with anything
useful. I'd want to pick it up myself, so it'd have to be within, say,
100 miles of me for reasonable delivery or pickup. I'm in SE Arizona.
Does anyone know of any sources down here? Or am I doomed to buying this
at Home Depot? Is there a possibility that I can get this stuff at the
wholesale price (which I have no idea what it is)?

Cheers and thanks again,

Matt Cheselka