market-farming - [Market-farming] Roger Weeks (greenhouse heater)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Carl Hatfield" <cmkfield AT pmt.org>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Roger Weeks (greenhouse heater)
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:15:13 -0700

ROGER   I have a 10 x 16 greenhouse that I use to start plants in.  I don't use it all winter long but do start around the last of Jan.  For heat I have a kerosene shop heater that is started by pushing a electric switch.  I just bought a thermostat & wired a cord from it to a electric outlet then ran another cord with a plug on it to the cord on the heater.  I have been very satisfied with the setup.  This heater will also burn NO.1 stove oil which I use since it is cheaper than kerosene.
Carl   zone 5 or 6  (IDAHO)

  • [Market-farming] Roger Weeks (greenhouse heater), Carl Hatfield, 12/23/2003