market-farming - [Market-farming] Heaters

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Courtney McLeod" <cmcleod AT imscompany.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Heaters
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 14:12:16 -0500

What do you use for heating, if you heat your greenhouse?

If I had a larger greenhouse, I'd be looking into more commercial types of
heaters.

Hi Roger
I have a 14' x 32' greenhouse and I use a Modine 60,000 heater that is gas
(propane). I had to buy a thermostat. And the 60,000 is a bit much for the
size that I have, but I don't like it to "over-work" so then it wont use
more gas. I was recommended a 32,000 but then it would have had to work too
hard and use more gas. I am zone 5 and we "usually" have pretty cold
winter's. I have little money so I spent an extra $100 to have the larger
size unit that uses less gas. Gas is not cheep here. Granted, it is cheaper
than out in your neck of the woods! But it will be good for when I expand
the greenhouse in a couple of years.

Courtney
Herb Thyme