market-farming - [Market-farming] Greenhouse heat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roger Weeks <roger69 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Greenhouse heat
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:06:59 -0800 (PST)

Happy Holidays everyone!

A wintertime question for those of you with greenhouses, large or
small:

What do you use for heating, if you heat your greenhouse?

I want to find a solution that uses gas - natural, propane, kerosene -
for my small 8x12 greenhouse. What I have failed to find so far is a
heater that has a thermostat. All of the portable propane/kerosene
heaters have a manual igniter and a a temperature dial from low to
high. I want something with specific temperature control, and an
automatic ignition.

Does such a thing exist? If I had a larger greenhouse, I'd be looking
into more commercial types of heaters. But for 8x12, it's just not
necessary.

Electrical heat is just too damn expensive, especially here in
California in December.

Roger Weeks