market-farming - [Market-farming] Cottage Laws

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Courtney McLeod" <cmcleod AT imscompany.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Cottage Laws
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:31:39 -0500

In Ohio we have "Cottage industry" laws

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH

Lucy,

I would just like to thank you very much for making my day yesterday!!!
That was the best news I have had in some time and got me all fired up
again! Being that this will be my first time attempting to do markets and
sell produce/plants, my dream is now alive again knowing what I learned on
the Ohio's website regarding Cottage Industry laws. My future mother-in-law
is amazing with her creativity and I am ok, but with her helping me out, we
can really do some great things. She printed out all kinds of information
so we can learn more about this. She makes flavored honey's and is amazing
in the kitchen amongst many other things. So you have helped rejuvenate me.
I was wondering if I can actually pull this dream of mine off and you gave
me new inspiration to keep on going for it!! Thanks for the info and making
my day!!!!! Sitting in an office 40 hours a week can really take away from
"dreams" sometimes knowing that it is secure and has health benefits. But
my dream is more important right now than all that and I know I can make it
happen, even if it takes awhile to do!

Courtney
Herb Thyme

  • [Market-farming] Cottage Laws, Courtney McLeod, 12/17/2003