market-farming - Re: [PMX:#] Re: [Market-farming] Re: salad spinner

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Beth Spaugh <eas9 AT cornell.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PMX:#] Re: [Market-farming] Re: salad spinner
  • Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2003 22:13:59 -0500

I am moving from large home garden supplementing farmers market poultry sales on a part-time basis to depending on the "farm" full-time next year. Therefore am gearing up on tools. I have a small Vermont garden cart but need a larger cart. Does anyone have experience to compare the quality of the "Carts Vermont" from Johhny's, Leonards Own Yard Cart from A.M. Leonard, Gardeners Supply carts, or any others? And will the largest one be really too big?

I expect to use it to move flats to the garden, to haul mulch, harvest, etc. Trying to make purchases before the end of the year since I expect to have less income next year (not being pessimistic, just realistic, though I wouldn't mind beging pleasantly surprised).

Thanks for sharing your advice and experience.

Thanks for the tip on the $150 salad spinner.

Beth Spaugh