market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: salad spinner

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <wiediger AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: salad spinner
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 19:15:10 -0600

I agree with Lucy 100% about the salad spinner. You can purchase it cheaper
by going direct.

When we went from mesh bags to the salad spinner we saw a sizable increase
in our salad greens sales that we related to the use of the salad spinner.
For us, not only was it quicker and easier, it also removed more water and
the salad mixes stay usable longer for the end consumer. We consider it a
tool that is well worth the money spent on it. I have considered purchasing
an additional basket because that would speed up the process. We use it
primarily with our mesclun and spinach.

Paul Wiediger
Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com