market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Certified organic list of seeds I am looking for

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andrea <elsaella AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Certified organic list of seeds I am looking for
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 18:31:55 -0800 (PST)

Hello Wendy,

Thanks for the links.I have tried a couple of them.But for he whole not much result.Can I mail you privatly?I will tell you why.
Regards Andrea

Windsoap AT aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 12/5/03 5:11:05 PM Pacific Standard Time, elsaella AT yahoo.com writes:

I am looking for these vegetable seed varieties.

TRY THIS: www.heirloomtomatoes.com AND THEN SHEP OGDEN AT COOK'S GARDEN www.cooksgarden.com.  ALSO, johnnyseeds.com.  YOU'LL FIND SOME OF THEM.  I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHY YOU CHOSE THOSE VARIETIES.

query to all:  how important is it that the seeds be grown organically; what portion of our organic practice is the actual seed?  I certainly do not want treated bright pink corn seeds that can kill my chickens if they eat a couple, but for the rest?  How much bad stuff is in the seed of, say, a melon that was sprayed?  we're not "certified", but we adhere to organic practice.
Wendy Akin
Akin Farm
Terrell, TX